This department is responsible for the provision & maintenance of infrastructure to residents and other basic services required by our various communities on a daily basis.
The core functions of the department are as follows:
- Roads Maintenance
- Pothole Repairs and Prevention
- Heavy Duty Vehicle Plant and Equipment Services
- Maintenance of Contracts and Projects
- Electricity & Electrification
- Street Lighting
- Traffic Signal Lights & Maintenance
- Rural Development
- Maintenance – Permanent surface
- Resurfacing – Permanent surface
- Re-gravel – Non-permanent surface
- Construction and improvement projects
- Fencing Maintenance
- Minor Roads Maintenance
- Road Signs Maintenance
- This section includes the funding of projects for which applications have been received and the implementation thereof.
- The strategic objectives of this function are to provide services including engineering and community services to address the current backlogs and shortages.
2,335 total views, 2 views today